Subscription Databases (E-Sources)
The library may offer subscription databases for searching
that specialize in a particular subject area, or that cover a certain
set of resources. The library may restrict the use of an e-source so
that it can be accessed only from certain locations, only by registered
patrons, or only by certain types of patrons. A message informs you if
the e-source is restricted. You can search one e
1. Click E-Sources on the Search menu.
The e-sources page displays the available database categories and targets, as established by the library. A category is a group of related databases. A target is a specific database.
2. Select any category to display the subcategories and target e-sources in the category. (You can also select a target directly. See step 4.)
Click the plus sign to see more information about a target or category.
3. To navigate among categories and subcategories, click the navigation links at the top of the e-sources page.
4. Select an e-source target to search.
5. If you are asked to provide your library account number (barcode) or user name and password, type these in the appropriate spaces and click Log In.
The Web page for the e-source opens in a secondary browser window.
6. Follow the search instructions for the e-source you selected.
7. Click X to close the e-source window and return to the library catalog.